Formulate Strategy With Precision
We show entrepreneurs and executives how to translate their dreams into forecasts, plans and and an organization structure that can grow revenue with precision – – effectively, efficiently and predictably.
Common Sense Methods, Tools and Training That Enable Entrepreneurs and Executives To…
Translate Mission, Vision, Values and Behaviors
Clarify your strategic intent including your purpose (mission), core values and behaviors, goals (vision) and strategic initiatives.
Forecast Accurately and Timely
Align your forecasts to your work activities, productivity, staffing, and expense capacity requirements.
Plan Products, Services, Markets and Execution
Validate that your product, industry, geographic, and customer plans are viable in the external marketplace.
Structure Businesses, Departments and Jobs
Structure your business units, departments, and jobs to clarify responsibilities, drive accountability and achieve results.
Gain Alignment, Validate, Master Cause-and-Effect and Overcome Strategic Planning Challenges
For over 100-years, Strategic Planning practices have been taught at business colleges around the world as part of The Principles of Strategic Management.
Unfortunately, many entrepreneurs and executives have not been exposed to strategic planning practices. This can lead to ineffective, inefficient, and unpredictable:
- Strategic Intent – business purpose, values, goals, behaviors.
- Forecasts – revenue, sales activities, productivity, staffing.
- Plans – product/service, industry, geographic, customer.
- Structure – departments and jobs.
The ArmatureEBS Strategic Planning Framework translates The Principles into practical steps, instructions and tools. This enables executives and entrepreneurs to quickly translate their vision into clear actions that managers and employees can understand and execute with precision – – effectively, efficiently and predictably.
Organic Growth Planning
- Customer acquisition
- Customer retention
- Past customer win-back
- Getting partners to sell
Innovation & Start-up Planning
- Product development
- Market viability
Merger & Acquisition Planning
- Exit strategy
- Roll-up strategy
- Due diligence
- Post-merger integration
Expansion Growth Planning
- Product expansion
- Partner expansion
- Industry expansion
- Geographic expansion
- Customer expansion
Stop Wasting, Time, Money and Morale. Start Taking Control Of Your Strategy Today!
Clarify Your Strategic Intent
Strategic Intent is your company’s reason for being, competitive advantage, behavior guide, and compass for strategic decision-making. It consists of your:
- Core Ideology – – purpose of the business and values i.e. mission.
- Audacious Goal – – definition of what success looks like in 5 to 10-years i.e. vision.
- Competitive Advantage – – the unique market position the company will hold.
- Strategic Initiatives – – that will drive achievement of your audacious goal.
We assist you by:
- Fielding strategy questionnaires to gather internal insight from employees, managers and executives.
- Conducting one-on-one interviews and focus groups to uncover hidden insights.
- Facilitating executive workshops to gain alignment, prioritize and document your strategic intent.
Align Forecasts To Internal Capacity Requirements
Forecasts are the foundation for accountability. They provide middle managers and employees with specific guidance for planning, goal setting, and performance evaluation, It consists of detailed requirements for:
- Revenue – – new customer acquisition, customer contract renewals and repeat sales, past-customer win-backs.
- Work Activity – – units and cycle time to meet your revenue requirements.
- Productivity – – work hours requirements to meet your work activity requirements.
- Staffing – – numbers and timing requirements of full-time (FTE) and part-time (PTE) employees required to execute your productivity requirements.
- Expenses – – dollars and timing requirements needed to fund your staffing, productivity and work activity requirements.
We assist you by:
- Documenting your revenue, work activity, productivity, staffing, and expense requirements and assumptions.
- Integrating all five forecasts into a cause-and-effect scenario planning model.
- Facilitating scenario planning conversations and documentation to provide a foundation for product/service, market, sales, marketing, and operations planning.
- Facilitating gap analysis, process improvement targeting, and action planning to close gaps.
- Aligning all five forecasts into your performance goal setting, evaluation, compensation, training processes.
- Communicating your forecasts to investors, executives, managers, and employees.
Validate Your Strategic Plans
Plans are your company’s road map for strategy execution, a filter for decision-making, and a communications guide for middle managers and employees. It consists of detailed plans for your:
- Product/Service – – hierarchy, features, benefits of your offerings.
- Use Cases– – how buyers use your offerings.
- Pricing – – item, bundles, discounts, terms and conditions.
- Industry – – prioritization of sub-industries that buy your offerings.
- Geographic – – prioritization of where your offerings will be sold.
- Customer – – insights, wants and needs by company hierarchy.
- Competitors – – insights, alerts, positioning, and differentiation
We assist you by:
- Documenting your product/service hierarchy, features and benefits in relationship to competitors.
- Scoping and Sizing your external market.
- Analyzing the viability of your revenue goals in relationship to the external market.
- Facilitating planning workshops with product, industry, and geographic market managers to gain alignment, prioritize, and document.
- Communicating plans to investors, executives, managers, and employees.
- Training sales and customer service people on product, service, industry and geographic plans.
Structure Your Organization For Accountability and Results
Organization Structure defines how activities are structured to achieve your goals. It is the foundation for establishing job responsibilities, accountability, and delegation of decision-making authority. It consists of your:
- Legal Structure for holding and operating companies.
- Channel Structure for products/services, geography, industry, customer size, etc.
- Department Structure for sales and marketing, delivery of offerings, shared services approach.
- Decision-making delegation – – centralized or decentralized.
- Span of Control approach – – the number of employees reporting to one manager.
- Work Specialization – – generalists or specialist job descriptions.
We assist you by:
- Assessing your current organization structure and it’s viability to execute your strategy.
- Design of your holding company and/or operating company structure.
- Restructuring of your organization to execute your strategy.
- Merger Integration of multiple organization structures.